Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reamain

teach us.
am I lacking spirituality?
some would say,
but is because they are jealous
that my knees wont touch the ground
for any other man than my own father.

I don't believe in the things they have built,
for in the world they have taken for granted
and
I am out finding what is left
like hoping for a sign of life
though the rubble is usually empty piles
of material goods no longer holding
the mirage of prestige.

I know in the underground I find what needs
to be kept alive
kept away from the hands of the masses.
the protection of what is real is a must.

I am not built to take advantage
of friends,
family or
foes,.
but I have learned along the way how to be raw
and I keep these skills hidden,
only to lash out when I get sized up the wrong way.

I am built to be sufficient in everything that is asked of me.