Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Broke skin

Catch me with one hand in my pocket
a lonely miracle
on my knees praying with my fingers crossed.

The streets push the one track minds down the one way street
so I keep walking against the flow
keeping contact eye wise
with those brave enough to look into my tunnel of vision.
basically its the same
skin and bones
looking to shed some clothes and climb some fences.

Get up and get out
but somethings are done just to show movement
so its a pattern
one after the other,
than repeat
just don't make the fatal mistake
of fading the days the same way.

Dull
a quick reaction can sever
the last true one standing
I know how far I have to reach
but I keep it close enough away to
let it watch me build with out it.

An open hand
covered wounds
and hidden talents
keep the silence
it will keep the mind at ease

so what if we please ourselves
there are points when that is even difficult to do
so use praise with caution
too much can stop the wind.

Things blow away for a reason
don't let the false truth be the season