Wednesday, May 19, 2010

JUST GREY

Where does this stand
Sit with me somewhere
before we both know it
it will all be over
to soon sure
they've labeled me with numbers now
so all I can do is count down
still stuck by yesterdays fuck ups
and trying to make tomorrow brighter is killing the best parts of me.
Froze to sink to the levels of all the rest
cant stand this taste
nothing stronger than water to wash it all down with
they say I'm free..but from what
surely not myself
Tilt this till it all tumbles over
I have that nervous habit to keep looking left
To many distant thoughts to never find my way back
here and now
show some sings of life for this first time
and I will show you what its like to hide from the sunshine
I have failed to mention this but your eyes are crossed
I am the wood they build crosses out of
and you are the kind of person they sacrifice.
a perfect match in this brutal array
the only crime they can frame me with is never excepting what is
maybe always something more I don't know but I follow my heart
sometimes I listen to the rain and as the water builds puddles
I think of that tidal wave I hide in my chest
the storm before the calm never seemed so bleak
Ill place my feet in front of me when its my turn to walk the plank
surrounded by the blank stares
I will go to the depths that so few know
a stitched sword to a crooked pen
I would bend backwards to see any of you happy
once my back breaks than maybe you will realize that I was not selfish
Haunt the shallows of your soul
continue through until you've found that gold
are we all two toned or just grey.