Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanks

i don't know where to go
show me how it used to be
even with the booze
a remorse
but the offerings are always petty
and on a five finger discount
darkness will always come
through my eyes closed tight
please don't assume that i will always love you
undress my skin
and frame the insides for a day worth dying for
wishes and no return
let it out
nothing came back
a return
so now again i run from my own home
pushed aside and no thumbs to stick out
who'd give me a ride
the devil
Ive taken a few before
know how that ends
civil and sainted
with goodbyes and a list of addictions
for this heart of mine
thanks man of death
no flame
no lit way
prey turned to praying and and open invitation
to fail
to quit
to smolder away
to the ashes
all i have that is mine
a pocket of used matches and one last cigarette