Thursday, October 21, 2010

I as in me

I broke my shoulders
than I let them heal to make them stronger.

I shattered my heart, just to see how it felt,
picked the pieces up and placed them on my sleeve,
like a warning I wear it.
Beware I lived like an addiction.

I blurred my vision,
so when it came time for insight
I knew the way I needed to see.
Straight.

I let my blood hit the floor,
to understand sacrafice,
to see what loyalty looks like.

I followed,
just to see where they where going.
Saw it than turned around and ran.

If we are all going no where I want to go my own way.

I trusted to know pain,

I wasted myself to feel my brain bleed,

I drank because I had too.

I know what it means to scream.

I lead because I wont settle.

I put scars on my hands
to understand labor pains,

I rode a skateboard,
to fall in love.

I write because I have too.

I smile,
because I know my escape.

I smoke to settle the nerves.

I make friends so the people that I do things for are not always strangers.
and the people that do things for me are not always strangers.

I forgive because it was myself that needed it.

I forgot because somethings I just cant remember.

I cook because it brings people together.

I read to help me listen.

I love you because it quiet's my cravings.