Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Mexican Beauty Queen

She dances like the candel light,
tonight she is in my mind,
like I know I will stay sober,
but its not over.

She is far but I can turn around a find that cold road home,
holding a black rose
hoping,
we can continue
to laugh at the rest of the world.

No dick in the sand,
cant say fuck the world.
I have a girl,

somehow played my cards right
but its more like I fell in her lap,

like the broken soul that I was
she helped put back the pieces,
letting me be me along the way.

It was consequence that fate found us

was no road that led,
no book to be read
no fortune needed

Just two, two many drinks
a dedication to survival,
and a hope that there was life after that.

Covered in turquoise,
and purple silk she calls my name,
expecting nothing more than what I already am.

The scars on my hands are testament of my holding on,
but I will let them burn before I let her go,
somethings are just worth holding on to.

This is no material love
this is not for bubble gum and cats with no mouth,
this is for all the opportunity to shine.